Mission & Task
- To facilitate exchange of information and promote mutual assistance among members of the Group (hereinafter referred to as "Members") with a view to developing the securities markets in the Asia-Pacific Region. The functioning of the Group, however, is not binding on the activity of any Member.
- To encourage the local markets to adopt best practices, with due consideration to the specific situation of each market.
- To promote efficiency and cost effectiveness in the clearing, settlement and depository services, provided in the region's securities markets.
- To establish committees, whether permanent or temporary, to co-ordinate tasks and carry out activities of the Group inaccordance with its purpose to promote clearing, settlement and securities depository services.
- To develop channels for dialogue with other international organizations.